Thursday, January 04, 2007

Overseas Adoptions Increasing

According to the available data, more and more people in the states have been adopting children from other countries, including China. As a result, China has recently tightened their requirements for screening prospective parents. Personally, I think this is a great thing because these children deserve the best possible parents they can have after the rough start they got in life. The new requirements may seem callous to some, but in my opinion China has the right to make any rules they wish. The rules are only meant to protect the kids.

Anyway, it is really no surprise to us that international adoption is becoming an increasingly popular option since we obviously just completed an international adoption ourselves. We had the fortune of telling our adoption story to the Associated Press back in December. Here is the link to the article.

3 comments:

Chris Castleberry said...

I wasn't going to publish the previous comment, but then I decided to do so to highlight how pathetic some people are on the Internet. This comment appeared almost instantly after I made this post.

To 'johnwucharlene', take a look at yourself in the mirror and think about your life for a moment. Are you so much of a loser that you have to spam personal blogs to get attention or money?

As the title of my blog says it, "Whatever".

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but Chris, don't you need a backtoschool wardrobe from A&F?! I totally do... ;)

Chris Castleberry said...

Well, sure. Don't we all? I'm sure that's why this person just had to tell me about it the instant that I posted this entry.