Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hey From the Bay

I am about to settle in for the night in my hotel room near the corporate hive in San Jose, and I realized I had not posted in a while. I am watching the local news cast on channel 2 (a former haunt on weekday nights), and here it what I have learned about what's happening in my former home region.

* The beaches in Santa Cruz are polluted
* An elderly woman was killed by a train in Oakland
* The 49'ers are trying to move to Santa Clara and still keep their team name
* An SF supervisor is being ousted because he lied about which neighborhood he lived in
* The SJ Mercury News is laying off more staff
* A 5 acre, uninhabited (and probably uninhabitable) island near the Richmond Bridge bought in the 1960s for $50k is up for sale for $10 million.

I didn't hear a single positive news story in the one hour broadcast. Not much has changed in the Bay Area. It makes me miss my beautiful Bainbridge Island, and my wonderful girls at home (mom, and twins).

No comments: