Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Writing, Swimming, and Blue Cheese

I had a busy evening. I was trying to wrap up some work, and finish an essay I had due in a class I am taking. All this while making salads for dinner as Shell comforted the girls who were crankily trying to sleep in the heat. We had a heat wave today--it reached 83 or something like that! You non Northwesterners can laugh all you want. It was warm--really warm.

Anyway, as I was in the midst of wrapping up the essay formatting and assembling one of my signature salads, Shell made a quick call to uncle Cookie. Here we are multi-tasking our butts of, and what is uncle Cookie doing? Getting tipsy by the pool with some other friends, who shall remain anonymous (you know who you are!). I guess that's the life of an uncle of twin girls from China--chilling pool-side on a school night while the rest of are (gag) writing essays!

Have a drink for me, Cookie! I'm jealous. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was HOT so a spontaneous pool get-together was in order. However you're probably way better off than I am this morning. uggh.

Chris Castleberry said...

I did have a little vino, but I am feeling rather normal.

Oh and btw, the cheese--it was Maytag Blue (Mmmmm...).