Monday, February 06, 2006

Sun and the Silicon Rally

After suffering through a wind and rain storm last Saturday, which resulted in no power all day, I spent Sunday preparing for my trip to San Jose to meet with my fellow engineering colleagues at my company's annual technology rally.

The weather on Bainbridge went from grey, cold, windy (60 mph gusts), and down-right nasty to mild, and sunny. Sunny enough that I was able to mow my lawn for the first time in 6 months, and also wash the car. Washing a car in the PNW usually means you expect good weather for at least 2 consecutive days! I think this entire week is predicted to be a nice one in the Seattle area, but...

Now I am in SJ, missing Rachelle (naturally), and trying to wind down from the first of several days of tech talk. The weather here is fine, so that's good.

After my week long nerd-fest, it's off to SF for a couple of days of fun. Lucky for me, Rachelle is meeting me there!!

No comments: