Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Taylor

I received my birthday present early today (thanks, Shell!).

Ever since we brought the girls home, I have found it difficult to find time to get behind my drum set, so I needed a solution to keep my musical cravings satisfied. Drums are loud, pianos take up a lot of space (though I *really* want one soon), and I just don't have any current desire to learn any of the woodwinds or brass instruments. So...I asked for a guitar. I have a ukulele, and it's cool but sort of limited.

I bought a guitar a few years ago, but it was very *inexpensive*, and me being a drummer and naive about guitar quality, I hadn't realized it was going to be a piece of crap. Now I have a better idea of what a decent guitar should cost, thanks to my friend John who commutes to Fremont on the same van with me. Thanks, John.

Anyway, I had a nice day off playing my new Taylor acoustic guitar (after 4 hours of yard work). OK, the term "playing" is open to debate, but I did manage to learn a few chords.

No comments: