Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dark Times

This time of year begins the season of darkness here in the PNW. It's wet, dark, chilly, and I spend most of my time indoors--usually on the flippin' computer. However, tonight--like many evenings--I find myself grilling dinner on the Weber, in the rain. This time of year also starts my California dreaming and fantasizing about moving back to the warmer and generally drier climate of my home state. I think of the cool, foggy evenings in SF, the seemingly perpetual state of summer in San Diego, and the warm nights in the Sacramento valley.

Maybe someday me and the "fam" will venture back to the golden state, but until then we continue to enjoy a peaceful, but dark and soggy existence on a beautiful island in the Puget Sound.

Btw, Rachelle--much to the girl's amazement--caught the fly this morning and released it outside.

No comments: