Friday, November 13, 2009

What a difference a year makes

A lot has happened in the past year. I have worked a LOT, studied my arse off, the kids have grown by leaps and bounds, Rachelle was separated from WAMU via the not-so-wise moves of their executive leadership (if that's what one calls leadership), and three days ago I received noticed that my job would vanish in June of 2010.

Yes, after 13 years with the red A, I may be moving on to other things--and sadly I am not alone. It all depends on what happens internally between now and June or what I find on my own on the outside, but one way or another, change is on its way. But hell, that's OK. I've been wanting a change for a while now, so this is but a kick in the tush to jump start my next move on the employment continuum.

I am not bitter, overly sad, or afraid. I mean, I do have several months to make something happen, and that beats the alternative. And, if I am unsuccessful in finding a stable slot in the machine by June, I still have several months of "thank you" funds to rely on. So, really, it ain't so bad.

In the meantime, it is time to dust off the old resume, finish my classes (4 more!) and get back into the self-promotion business. I am actually feeling good about the possibilities, even in this shitty economy--one that is allegedly getting better, though I remain skeptical. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well let me know if I can help. If you want any job with CSC I'll climb the ladder until I'm standing on someone's desk to recommend you. I'm sure you will do fine though. You have the skillset. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) you may have to relocate. The weather sucks there anyhow!

Chris Castleberry said...

Thx, bro. You know I would bend over backwards to help you, too. Hmm...ya know, I just realized that CSC is strikingly similar to my own initials--CSC. Whoa.

Unknown said...

I've got a lead on a few openings inside the big red A. I'll send you email separately.

Chris Castleberry said...

Thanks, Eric. Any help would be much appreciated.