Monday, August 21, 2006

Countdown, 5 days...

Five days until we zoom off to the far east and become parents for the first time. I never imagined this would be the way I became a dad, but whatever. Doing things differently is fairly standard for me anyway.

I spent this last weekend preparing for the trip. I stained two more panels on my never-ending fence project. I did my usual yard work detail.

I hired a neighbor kid to do the watering while we're gone. I installed multiple kid-resistant cabinet and drawer lock thingies, and a couple of gates. The cat didn't like that so much.

I laid out my array of electronic gadgets that will be accompanying us on our journey. I watched two episodes of Battlestar Galactica, because it rules!

Rachelle is coming down with a cold. I hope she shakes it before we leave, and I hope I don't get it! I am going to O.D. on water, and vitamin C this week.

Ferry just docked. Gotta run...

No comments: