Thursday, March 23, 2006

Alice's Restaurant

On Tuesday evening, we cashed in on some tickets given to us by friends to go see Arlo Guthrie. I know what you're thinking, "Arlo Guthrie? From the '60s, Alice's Restaurant, folk singer? Is he still around? Do you even know who he is?". Yeah, so we may not have "been there" when the magic of the 1960's happened (technically I was for 7 months of it), but we certainly remembered his music ( I did anyway :) ).

Anyway, it was pretty cool. The guy is a hilarious, old hippy, and a great musician and song writer. He even threw in a couple of excellent Bob Dillon covers before descending into the 17+ minute classic he is most well-known for.

I consider it one of those once-in-a-lifetime shows, kind of like when I saw Bauhaus recently, although it seems they are back on the money train (er, touring again).

No comments: