Thursday, March 23, 2006

Delays, Delays, Delays...

Sigh...

The CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) has decided that the cutoff for referrals for this month is May 30th, 2005 LID (those who's documents were logged in by May 30th). Imagine my fist in the air, and a scowl on my face (same for Rachelle).

So...what that means for us is that our referral (late June 2005 LID) will probably come in late May (if we are extremely lucky), or in June. It could be even later, but I'm feeling optimistic. In a word, this SUCKS!

However, we still have a lot to do before becoming first-time parents, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I mean, everyone tells me I should play my drums more now since I won't be able to play them at all when the baby comes. Yeah...right. That kid is going to be exposed to loud music the same way I was, which (IMO) is a good thing. ;)

No comments: