Monday, May 22, 2006

It Ain't Easy Being Green


Just as Kermit the Frog used to say, being green ain't easy.

Now you're asking yourself, "Self, wtf does that have to do with the picture of this house?". Allow me to answer this for you...

The trim on our 2 year old house was looking like grated cheese, so we decided to paint the whole thing. Cool, right? Yeah, well...I chose some colors I thought would look killer, and that's where the trouble started.

One of the colors I picked was supposed to be a nice maroon, but instead it ended up looking PURPLE on the side of our house!!! The neighbors cringed, the birds flew away, we (OK, I) FREAKED!!

After a short period of WTF are we going to do, we bit the bullet and augmented the color scheme. Then the neighborhood association balked at the fact that we changed our "approved" colors. Yeah, it's that kind of hood. You think they care about that crap in Compton? Hell nah!!!

So, to make this long story shorter, we went with the new scheme, and now (after 3 weeks) it is DONE!!!

The backyard chaos began today, but I'll save that for a separate post.

No comments: