Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Progress! Yeah, but...


As you can see, there has been some significant progress on our backyard tear-down/re-do. Our fine friends at L&J&R are putting in some work and making things happen!

This is all great, right?

For us, it is great. Yes, it is. However, as usually goes in our hood, there has been "talk" about what *we* are *doing*.

My real feelings about it...who gives a F^&$!!?!!

What this really shows you though is how truly pathetic the burbs can be when people fret over a few weeds getting smashed while my yard is redone, or the fact that we are doing something *different*.

Thinking back to my youth, I seem to recall a similar phenomenon. I was a punk rocker, my hair looked different, etc. The *normal* people (jocks, cheerleaders, future frat/sorority folks) were aghast!! How could you do what other people aren't doing, how could you infringe on my world with your original ideas??

My friends, this sort of mentality prevails in so-called mature adults.

No comments: