Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Autumn Approach, Grapes, and the Power of the...

As I sit here typing and watching the sun creep through the marine layer, the twins are hard at work studying the art of potty power. Yep. They are--by request--watching a video titled "Potty Power"(thanks, Valdez!). As a result, I have been shuttling them to and from the potty room about every 15 minutes. Great fun!

The days are getting shorter here in the land of fresh, wild salmon, space needles, islands, and fleece formal wear--I jest about the fleece, though people do wear an excessive amount of it here (I have three fleece jackets myself). The trees are also beginning to show the signs of the seasonal shift. Fall is always nice around here, but it does signal the start of long gray days ahead bringing their mood crushing dreariness to weigh down on us Northwesterners. OK, it's not that bad--really.

Tonight, to celebrate the change of season, shell and I get well-deserved night out. We will be attending the annual "Grapes of Wrath" wine tasting party at our neighbors house. OK...going across the street to drink wine, while a neighbor girl babysits the twins isn't exactly the definition of a wild night out, but you take what you can get as a parent. This party is always a good time, so we are looking forward to it!

Kids are clawing at my legs for attention. Gotta run!

No comments: