Sunday, September 23, 2007

Autumn, Day 1: Nice

Today was officially the first day of Autumn. It was fairly nice here on the island; high 60s and mostly sunny. I spent most of the day ridding one of the garden areas of a parasitic clover plant and amending soil with smelly compost. Rachelle spent a lot of time inside hanging with the little ladies and being a power mom. The girls and I had popsicles and rode trikes; they did anyway. We also got educated about potty power--again--and how it's bad to steal like the Swiper does on Dora the Explorer. Swiper, no swiping!

Valdez--my lawn club friend and neighbor--launched a rocket with his son, my next-door neighbor re-stained his front porch, and I blasted KEXP while on my anti-clover crusade. Down with clover!! It was a good day; I didn't have to use my AK--as if I had one--and the neighborhood was awash in the usual suburban activities (mowing lawns, puttering around, etc.). This might be one of the last nice weekend days we have until the gray ceiling clamps down on us like vise, so I'm happy I was able to enjoy most of it outdoors.

No comments: