Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Exercise is Great, But...

Getting back into a workout routine after slacking for a year is, uh, difficult. I pushed myself today to restart my weekday weight lifting habit, and man did I pay--and I haven't even felt the effects of the second day soreness. I couldn't believe how tired I was after only 45 minutes of lifting weights! In a week or two I should be feeling somewhat better than a lazy 38 year old computer nerd, but right now I feel like a lazy 38 year old computer nerd.

Tomorrow, I will slip on my new running shoes and make an attempt to run around the island--or at least around the block. Btw, I LOVE the Internet for this reason. For procrastinators--who are also impatient--like me, it rocks that I can order pair of shoes a day before I decide to run, and get them the next day. I'll bet Al Gore is a total procrastinator. Didn't he invent the Internet? Just kidding, Al.

Alright...back to the computer nerding activities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is your exercise going??

I stood on a machine recently that told me i need to loose 10lbs. i thought i was in good shape....


jt.

Chris Castleberry said...

I'm still the same 150 I have been since HS, but I don't get to the gym quite enough. Sucks...