Thursday, March 25, 2010

iAmHooked!

For my graduation present, I treated myself to one of those new-fangled iPhone thingys, and ever since I powered it on iAmHooked! This thing is so cool that I might not need a computer anymore (OK, I probably will). I have been conservative about which apps I install, but for starters I installed a pretty cool camera app that makes the iPhone a simulator for the cheap, plastic cameras of the past, and an app that makes it no longer necessary to call a cab company--there's an app for that, and it works by booking a cab right on the phone. The cab comes to you based on your location. Awesome!

I can't wait to try the Taxi app when I am traveling to SF in a couple of weeks for work, and I don't know if I will ever use the plain iPhone camera software now that I have this cool camera app.

I cannot believe that I suffered for so long with a useless LG phone that required multiple layers of hideous UI just to get to the Internet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, smart phones are awesome. You need the screen real estate to really work, though.