Friday, January 27, 2006

Flu, Grey Skies, Desert...


Wednesday evening, I had a temperature of 100 degrees F. The evil flu had finally caught up with me, and I began to regret passing up the flu shot back in November. I spent most of the following day sleeping, which seemed to help. I don't feel so bad today, and that is a good thing because I was a little worried I was going to be stuck at home, alone under grey skies while Rachelle was on a biznazz trip to a much warmer, sunnier, drier place.

That's right, the Northwest has been hella grey this year, and we have had our fair share of rain. The forecast for the next week is more of the same...rain. Oh, and it has not exactly been warm either. Take a look at this picture of the Space Needle I took 2 years ago. The sky looks like that right now, and has for nearly 2 months. Sure, we've had a few semi-clear days in between, but not quite as many as last winter.

No worries though. This afternoon, we are heading for a place where the climate is a complete 180 of the Seattle area. That's (insert expletive) right, we are heading for the desert!! Palm Springs, here we come!

I will be taking along my trusty 35 mm, and my laptop, and I hope to post a few pictures on my Flickr page while we're there.

Later,

- Chris

No comments: