Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's Sonny Here!


Ahhh...there's nothing quite as nice as a cool breeze, sunshine, and the absence of rain. We made it to Palm Springs, and like Florda last year, it feels strange to be sitting around in shorts and a T-shirt in January; strange, but good!

Took a nice tram ride to 8500 feet above sea level, which gave us a nice view of the desert below. It was a bit chilly at the top of the San Jacinto mountains, and there were several patches of snow on the ground. We didn't stay up there long because our main objective for being here is to be warm. I can hang out in 45 degree weather at home anytime.

The landscape here is (naturally) arid, with nothing much on the ground but rocks, scrub, and sand. There are mountains all around since Palm Springs lies in the coachella valley. I haven't gotten any great desert shots yet, but I did have Rachelle snap this picture with me hangin' with the former mayor in downtown Palm Springs.

Rachelle has business to deal with this week, so I am contemplating a solo ride to Josua Tree in the next day or two. Maybe I'll get a few good shots of cacti.

Right now, I'm kicking back in a cabana (with wireless internet, of course), and enjoying the weather. I believe the forecast in Seattle is still rain, but here it seems to be perpetually Sonny!

No comments: